General Knowledge Quiz (Round 355)
Pub Quiz Questions HQ
If you enjoy using this site for your quiz nights or just for your own entertainment, then you can help us to continue to provide good quality questions by buying me a coffee!
1) Considered a classic of American literature, who wrote the novel "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"?
2) Who painted the famous artwork "The Scream"?
3) Who is credited with discovering penicillin?
4) Located in the Andes Mountains, Aconcagua is the largest mountain on which continent?
5) What was the name of first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean?
6) What is the name of the largest planet in our solar system?
7) Which Spanish artist painted the famous artwork "The Persistence of Memory"?
8) What is the name of the currency used in Switzerland?
9) Who wrote the novel "To the Lighthouse"?
10) Who was the first person to run a mile in under four minutes?
1) Which country was the first to host the modern Olympic Games?
2) In what year did the Berlin Wall come down?
3) Who won the Best Actor Oscar for his role in the film "The Godfather"?
4) Which country is known as the "Land of the Rising Sun"?
5) What is the name of the famous speech delivered by Martin Luther King Jr. in 1963?
I Have a Dream
6) What is the name of the famous poem that begins with the line "Two woods diverged in a yellow wood"?
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
7) Who wrote the novel "One Hundred Years of Solitude"?
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
8) Which Norweigian explorer became the first to reach the South Pole in 1911?
9) What is the name of the river that flows through Rome?
10) Who wrote the novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray"?